Friday, December 19, 2008

How Things Change


I keep thinking of blog’s I want to write and just don’t do it… Maybe I’ll just write them all over Christmas with a little less of the ‘moment of inspiration’.

I’ve been thinking the past week or so about how things change. Last week I drove a good 17hrs to Huntsville and back, through the snow, to pick my grandma up. My grandpa died a little less than 6 months ago so this is my grandma’s first Christmas without him, it has been pretty difficult for her. I was thinking the night before I left about how less than 10 years ago my grandparents were driving to Montreal to pick me up and take me to camp or to my first year of college in Ontario… My grandparents were incredibly influential in my life and did a great job of taking good care of me while I was growing up. Now I’m going to pick my grandma up who doesn't drive alone in the snow anymore. Now, I’m taking care of her! How things change… I guess that’s the reality of growing up!

No comments: