Friday, January 23, 2009

I Have a Dream...

A little over 45 years ago, Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke what’s known to be one of the greatest speeches in history, titled, ‘I Have a Dream’. In a nutshell, his desire was for a future where blacks and whites, among others, would coexist harmoniously as equals.

I love to dream. Even more, I love to see dreams come true.

This week was a reminder for me that dreams do come true. I’m sure Martin Luther King Jr. never would have imagined a black present 45 years ago! This week also reminded me that we need to dream and hope in the change we want to see in the world and that we, unfortunately, may not ever see the full fruit of our labor. Too bad Luther couldn’t be at Obama’s inauguration!

What’s your dream?

Lets keep dreaming!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

...and may God continue pressing that dream on your heart.